Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Battle of the Beadsmith 2013


Today is the first day in two months time, that I don't have an obvious answer, what to do with my free time. My battle piece is finished, photos submitted. Now I am waiting impatiently to see all the entries: last year it was a great adventure to browse all the beautiful designs, and I am sure, that it will be even better this time. 

Earlier we spent a month in Sri Lanka, and I was thinking more and more about the upcoming challenge. We stayed some days in the ancient city of Anuradhapura, in a nice little guesthouse next to the lake. Every day in the morning I used to sit on the pier, admiring the water lilies and listening to the birds. That is the place where the idea was born. I bet, the owners of the Lake Wave Guesthouse doesn't even know, how important thinking was going on, while I was just staring at the water and doing nothing :)

My battle is actually over, I managed to design and make something bigger than ever before, and I am really happy with it. In the future, I would like to focus more on my beadwork, so here, I present you my new brand, La Peregrina, and my new logo. La Peregrina means 'wonderer', and it is reflecting on my other great obsession: traveling. It is very important for me to stay open-minded about foreign people and civilizations, and to maintain a free spirit. 

Meeting different cultures has a deep impact on me, and therefore my jewelry, too. This was the case with my still secret battle-project also. It's called Serendib, what is the ancient Arabic name of Sri Lanka. It will remind me forever of this little island, its friendly people, the tea plantations and the mountains, the sunny beaches and the Buddha-statues. I hope you will like it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment